D.A. Points brought home his second career PGA Tour victory this past weekend winning the Shell Houston Open. He played consistently well throughout the tournament, and was able to keep his cool through the final round. The competition was tight and this was anyone's game heading into the final day, with 14 players all within 2 strokes of the leader. Here's a look at the winning scorecard:
- Round 1: 64 (8 under) - 9 Birdies, 8 Pars, 1 Bogey
- Round 2: 71 (1 under) - 1 Birdies, 17 Pars
- Round 3: 71 (1 under) - 3 Birdies, 13 Pars, 2 Bogeys
- Round 4: 66 (6 under) - 6 Birdies, 12 Pars
- Total: 16 under par - 19 Birdies, 50 Pars, 3 Bogeys
- Avg Driving Distance: 284.1 yards
- Driving Accuracy: 64.29%
- Greens in Regulation: 79.17%
- Avg Putts per Round: 28.25 (Avg of 1.57 putts/hole)
Congrats to D.A. Points for rising up, playing some great golf and winning the Shell Houston Open!
- - - - - -
This article was written by Scott Stevens from Eat Sleep Golf as part of our What It Takes To Winseries. This series is focused on taking a closer look at the winning performance of each PGA Tour event to see exactly what it takes to be victorious among elite golfers.
Please feel free to comment below, or continue the conversation with us on Facebook (www.fb.com/eatsleepgolf) and/or on Twitter (@EatSleepGolf).