Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fantasy Golf & the John Deere Classic

Being the sports fanatic that I am, I've played in fantasy sports leagues several times, but until this year, I had never played fantasy golf.  It comes as no surprise to discover that I'm now hooked on it, and look forward to evaluating the field for upcoming tournaments and making my weekly selections.

Although there are several websites for managing fantasy golf, the best one I've found is through Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.  It's free to join and easy to use... you can login using a Yahoo account, Google account or Facebook account.

Players registered for the upcoming PGA event are categorized into 'A' class, 'B' class and 'C' class.  You select your favorite players from each category, prior to the tournament start and add them to your roster. Then sit back, put your feet up and cheer them on.

For this weeks upcoming John Deere Classic, which kicks off tomorrow from Silvis Illinois, I've selected the following players...

'A' Class - Steve Stricker and Nick Watney
'B' Class - Ryan Palmer, Jimmy Walker, D.A. Points & Chad Campbell
'C' Class -   John Daly & C. Pettersson

With Steve Stricker winning this tournament for the last three consecutive years, it's tough not to put him as a favorite.  I'm sure he'll be gunning hard to bring home number four.  Interestingly enough, there have only been five occasions in golf history where a player has won the same tournament in 4 consecutive years.  The others include, Tom Morris, Walter Hagen, Gene Sarazen and most recently Tiger Woods.

In any event, it should be a great tournament, I hope you enjoy watching it and wish you the best of luck with your fantasy golf pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment