Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lakeside Greens

Saturday June 13th, it's approaching 25 degrees with clear sky's as we pull into Lakeside Greens Golf Club in Chestermere. I've decided to meet up with my playing partners an hour prior to our tee time, to get acquainted with the course and to enjoy my warm up routine, complete with a little pre-game trash talking.

As the three of us loosen up and indulge in the complimentary bucket of warm up balls on the range, we can't help feeling a little unsettled as our fourth informs us he's still twenty minutes from the course. Moments later we hear our ten minute warning call announced over the intercom.

We stall as long as possible, but eventually have no choice but to tee off one man short. A little nervous as the marshal glares at our crippled foursome, I nonetheless manage to punch one straight down the fairway. We finish the first hole only to find things are backed up to start the second. Snaping a few photos and bragging about the par I just made, we notice our fourth heading towards us, shuttled out by one of the kind Lakeside staff.

Feeling a little more complete as a foursome, we tee off on the short par 3 second hole with a challenging green surrounded by water. We continue to plug along, and after 9 holes I really don't have any complaints, the course so far has been nothing short of picturesque. Regardless of what the scorecard says, you can't help but be entertained on this well designed course. Thankfully my scorecard reads 40, which has me narrowly ahead by 2 strokes over my playing partner Dave.


We waist little time before eagerly making our way to the 10th tee box and continue with what has already shaped up to be a memorable round. The back nine is on par with the front, offering a combination of challenging holes and photo opportunities. I'd like to say my scorecard was also on par; unfortunately, somewhere between the front and back nine, I misplaced my focus loosing my 2 stroke advantage from the front nine dropping 6 strokes back of my consistent playing partner

The bottom line... At $69 including green fees, cart rental and warm up balls, Lakeside Greens is definitely one to put on your to do list. Great layout, good conditions and friendly staff helped contribute to a fabulous day on the course. I give Lakeside Greens 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment