Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RBC Canadian Open

It's the tournament many Canadians have been waiting for, the one and only PGA Tour event taking place in the great white north, the RBC Canadian Open!  Kicking off this week, it's got some big shoes to fill after last weeks excitement at The Open Championship.  Looking at the field, I think they will be up to the challenge and will put on a great show.

Taking place at the Hamilton Golf and Country Club, a site that is no stranger to international exposure.  This beautiful site sits on a 300 acre lot in Ancaster Ontario; the Hamilton G&CC consists of 3 championship 9 hole tracks, a 9 hole short course and full practice facility.  Playing as a par 70 at 6,966 yard, I think the players are going to love it.

There's no shortage of talent entered in this weeks tournament, and as you can see from the image below, I've narrowed down my top picks.  Jim Furyk is my top choice, because he's been striking the ball really well lately not to mention, he's won this event in the past, on this very same course (2006).  Even though a Canadian hasn't won the Canadian Open since 1954, I figure they may be due to for a podium appearance and therefor I've included Graham DeLaet and David Hearn on my list of potential victors.


No comments:

Post a Comment